15 Steps to Protect Your Rights
Just after the accident occurs…
1. Stop immediately.
2. Determine whether anyone is injured, and if necessary, call an ambulance.
3. Do not attempt to move the vehicles.
4. Call the police, and make sure a police report is filed. It is important to obtain a police report number and get a copy of the report, if possible.
5. Exchange only your name, address, phone number, and insurance information with the other driver.
6. Get contact information from any witnesses.
7. Get the following information about the other car:
- License Plate Number
- Distinguishing Features
8. Before the police arrive, have your license and registration ready, as well as your proof of insurance.
9. Admit no guilt or wrongdoing. Assist the officer whenever.
10. Make sure your injuries are noted in the police report.
11. Don’t leave the scene of the accident until an officer permits you to do so.
As soon as you leave the accident…
12. Contact the Law Offices of Brian Timothy Meyers right away or at 816.318.7174.
13. Visit your doctor for a thorough examination.
14. Keep copies of all medical records and doctors note from all post-accidents visits, including physical therapy.
15. Keep copies of all medical bills and receipts.
Contact us for help at any time!